In July, the Boxford Town Library was awarded an Anytime STEM Learning grant administered by by Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners. The grant award will help pay for the Cultivating STEM Knowledge in Boxford project. In addition to thanking the Institute of Museum and Library Services for providing the federal funding, the Library would like to thank the following community partners for making the project possible, Friends of the Boxford Town Library, Spofford Pond Elementary School, and the North Shore Amateur Astronomy Club
- Timeline: The project will run from November 1, 2018 through August 2019.
- Goal: Expand what the Library offers in support of the educational efforts of the teachers and students,
- Target audience: Home schooled and at Spofford Pond Elementary School students in grades three through six.
- The Library will offer STEM focused interactive activities, presentations, and additional resources
- Each month the Library will offer STEM Challenges.
- Each challenge will focus on a particular STEM concept and encourage children to engage one of our STEM teaching tools
- The STEM teaching tools include:
- High powered telescope
- Keva Planks
- Spheros Mini Coding Robots
- The Library will be arranging STEM focused presentations and programs throughout the project time frame
- The STEM focused presenters will include:
- Dr Bob Spillman, Boxford resident and science enthusiast
- Dr Joyce Rains, STEM Educator at Spofford Pond Elementary School
- North Shore Amateur Astronomy Club
- And many more…
- The Library’s collection will be enhanced with the addition of STEM focused materials
- The STEM focused materials include:
- Nonfiction books that cover the STEM concept areas
- Find-a-Way Playaway educational tablets with pre-loaded STEM learning games
- The STEM teaching tools mentioned above.
Annual Library Book Sale
hosted by the Friends of the Boxford Town Library
A variety of well-sorted books and DVD’s will be on sale at bargain prices. Proceeds to benefit Friends of the Library, dedicated to promoting the Library and supporting community education.
Interested in volunteering to help put on this event, Click Here
Dates: November 8-10
Location: Boxford Town Library in Town Hall’s Meeting Room One, , 7A Spofford Road, Boxford.
Hours: Special Preview hours for Friends and Teachers:
Thursday, November 8, 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Open to the General Public
Friday, November 9: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Saturday, November 10: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Items range in price from $1.00 to $2.00
Saturday is Bag Day $10.00 per bag
- Cash is preferred, checks accepted
- Please bring your own shopping bag.
Does it seem you are waiting forever on the hold list for that latest release from you favorite author?
Are you browsing the New Book Shelf and not finding the latest release from your favorite author?
The Boxford Town Library is introducing a new service called, “Hot Titles,” to help solve the problem of long hold list wait time, and not finding the latest releases from popular authors in the Library.
- Hot Titles can be checked out for 7 days
- These books are not hold-able.
- Hot Titles are non-renewable
- You can see them in the catalog, but are available only in the Library.
Authors you can expect to find on the Hot Titles display:
- James Patterson
- Kristin Hannah
- John Grisham
- Nora Roberts
- Stephen King
- David Baldacci
- Stuart Woods
- Liane Moriarty
- And many more…
Registration for our Summer Reading Challenges begins Monday, June 11.
Thank you for your patience
The Annual Friends of the Library Author Luncheon was a resounding success!
The luncheon raised over $2000 to benefit the ongoing mission of the Boxford Town Library. Thank you to all who attended the luncheon.
A special thank you to Gail Heney, Boxford resident, local poet, and former North Andover Poet Laureate, for her moving poetry reading. Gail Heney stepped in at the last minute and gave a wonderful presentation.
Thank you to all who donated items for raffle baskets and to the silent auction, especially:
- Shalin Liu Performance Arts Center in Rockport
- Gloucester Stage Company
- Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Daniella’s Cafe in Danvers
- Nunan’s Florist and Greenhouse in Georgetown
A Thank you to Karl’s Sausage Kitchen and European Market for their generous donation. Karl’s Sausage Kitchen prepared the food for the luncheon as a gift to the Friends of the Library.
Have tax questions? Looking for tax forms? Learn more here…
The Library hours for Thanksgiving are:
Wednesday 11/22: Closing at 3pm
Thursday 11/23: Closed all day
Friday 11/24: Normal Friday Hours (10-3pm)
Summer Reading is here for kids, teens and adults! Sign-up today and start winning prizes!
Adult: Every book you read enters you into a raffle to win $50 to Amazon.com! Sign-up today and start reading for your chance to win! Contest ends August 11th, drawing on August 13, 2018
Teen: Read a book or listen to an audiobook (school required reading counts) for two hours in a given week and earn a chance to win $10 to Amazon.com or iTunes. One drawing a week, each Friday for 6 weeks starting the week of June 11th. Sign-up today!
Kids: Come visit the library and ask for a special reading log or Sign-up online! Color in the clocks on your log to keep track of the time you spend reading or being read to this summer. Each clock is for one hour. Read 20 hours and turn in your log to the library to claim your prize. Prizes include, a free book courtesy of the Friends of the Library, as well as a prize package from the TOPSFIELD FAIR including free admission, free food, and ride passes.