The Library has the answer for all your mobile WiFi needs, the Verizon Jetpack. With the Verizon Jetpack you can stay connected, on the go, on vacation, during power outages, anytime you need access to the internet and you know it won’t be available otherwise.
The Library has two Verizon Jetpacks available for borrowing.
For more details or to check a Jetpack out, come on in to the Library.
Please note that the Boxford Town Library will be closed, Monday April 15th, 2019 in honor of Patriots’ Day. Normal hours resume Tuesday April 16th.
Besides books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, the library circulates a growing number of non-traditional items that you might be interested in. Click here to visit our Library of Things page and see what we’ve got!
The Library will be closed: January 21st, 2019 in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Boxford Town Library
Saturday 12/22: Closed
Monday 12/24: 10-3pm
Christmas 12/25: Closed
Saturday 12/29: Closed
Monday 12/31: 10-5pm
New Year’s Day 1/1: Closed
In July, the Boxford Town Library was awarded an Anytime STEM Learning grant administered by by Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners. The grant award will help pay for the Cultivating STEM Knowledge in Boxford project. In addition to thanking the Institute of Museum and Library Services for providing the federal funding, the Library would like to thank the following community partners for making the project possible, Friends of the Boxford Town Library, Spofford Pond Elementary School, and the North Shore Amateur Astronomy Club
- Timeline: The project will run from November 1, 2018 through August 2019.
- Goal: Expand what the Library offers in support of the educational efforts of the teachers and students,
- Target audience: Home schooled and at Spofford Pond Elementary School students in grades three through six.
- The Library will offer STEM focused interactive activities, presentations, and additional resources
- Each month the Library will offer STEM Challenges.
- Each challenge will focus on a particular STEM concept and encourage children to engage one of our STEM teaching tools
- The STEM teaching tools include:
- High powered telescope
- Keva Planks
- Spheros Mini Coding Robots
- The Library will be arranging STEM focused presentations and programs throughout the project time frame
- The STEM focused presenters will include:
- Dr Bob Spillman, Boxford resident and science enthusiast
- Dr Joyce Rains, STEM Educator at Spofford Pond Elementary School
- North Shore Amateur Astronomy Club
- And many more…
- The Library’s collection will be enhanced with the addition of STEM focused materials
- The STEM focused materials include:
- Nonfiction books that cover the STEM concept areas
- Find-a-Way Playaway educational tablets with pre-loaded STEM learning games
- The STEM teaching tools mentioned above.
Annual Library Book Sale
hosted by the Friends of the Boxford Town Library
A variety of well-sorted books and DVD’s will be on sale at bargain prices. Proceeds to benefit Friends of the Library, dedicated to promoting the Library and supporting community education.
Interested in volunteering to help put on this event, Click Here
Dates: November 8-10
Location: Boxford Town Library in Town Hall’s Meeting Room One, , 7A Spofford Road, Boxford.
Hours: Special Preview hours for Friends and Teachers:
Thursday, November 8, 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Open to the General Public
Friday, November 9: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Saturday, November 10: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Items range in price from $1.00 to $2.00
Saturday is Bag Day $10.00 per bag
- Cash is preferred, checks accepted
- Please bring your own shopping bag.
Does it seem you are waiting forever on the hold list for that latest release from you favorite author?
Are you browsing the New Book Shelf and not finding the latest release from your favorite author?
The Boxford Town Library is introducing a new service called, “Hot Titles,” to help solve the problem of long hold list wait time, and not finding the latest releases from popular authors in the Library.
- Hot Titles can be checked out for 7 days
- These books are not hold-able.
- Hot Titles are non-renewable
- You can see them in the catalog, but are available only in the Library.
Authors you can expect to find on the Hot Titles display:
- James Patterson
- Kristin Hannah
- John Grisham
- Nora Roberts
- Stephen King
- David Baldacci
- Stuart Woods
- Liane Moriarty
- And many more…
Registration for our Summer Reading Challenges begins Monday, June 11.
Thank you for your patience