Tickets Go On Sale Monday, September 16
Feasting with Mark Twain
Friends of the Boxford Town Library Fundraiser
Date: Sunday, October 13, 2019
Time: 3:00 to 6:00 pm
Location: ifarm, 55 Towne Road, Boxford, MA
Come and share in a buffet dinner, prepared by community members, that will feature the foods Mark Twain longed for while traveling in Europe.
Following dinner, local Twain aficionado, Bill Sherman, will bring Mark Twain’s life and travel alive.
Ticket Pricing Information:
Advance Ticket Sales Only
Regular Price: $50.00 per person
Twain Literary Circle Price: $100.00 per person. Literary Circle members will receive a special gift.
Register and purchase tickets at the Boxford Town Library, 7A Spofford Road, 978-887-7323
Download registration form and return to the Library with you payment
Purchase your tickets online (Link brings you to the iFarm website)
All proceeds to benefit the Boxford Town Library.
On Monday, August 12, 2019, The Library Trustees approved the use of conceptual drawings to begin the discussion of a potential Library renovation with stakeholders, including Town Governance boards. The conceptual drawings were prepared by MED Designs, owned and operated by Boxford resident Miika Ebbrell.
To view the drawings click on the link provided below:
link to conceptual drawings for potential Library renovation
Three listening sessions were held to gather feedback from Town Hall employees (8/28, & 9/3) and Library Employees (9/11/19).
To view options developed from feedback gathered at stakeholder listening sessions click on the link provided below:
link to options developed from stakeholder listening sessions
The Library has the answer for all your mobile WiFi needs, the Verizon Jetpack. With the Verizon Jetpack you can stay connected, on the go, on vacation, during power outages, anytime you need access to the internet and you know it won’t be available otherwise.
The Library has two Verizon Jetpacks available for borrowing.
For more details or to check a Jetpack out, come on in to the Library.
Please note that the Boxford Town Library will be closed, Monday April 15th, 2019 in honor of Patriots’ Day. Normal hours resume Tuesday April 16th.
Besides books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, the library circulates a growing number of non-traditional items that you might be interested in. Click here to visit our Library of Things page and see what we’ve got!
The Library will be closed: January 21st, 2019 in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Boxford Town Library
Saturday 12/22: Closed
Monday 12/24: 10-3pm
Christmas 12/25: Closed
Saturday 12/29: Closed
Monday 12/31: 10-5pm
New Year’s Day 1/1: Closed
In July, the Boxford Town Library was awarded an Anytime STEM Learning grant administered by by Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners. The grant award will help pay for the Cultivating STEM Knowledge in Boxford project. In addition to thanking the Institute of Museum and Library Services for providing the federal funding, the Library would like to thank the following community partners for making the project possible, Friends of the Boxford Town Library, Spofford Pond Elementary School, and the North Shore Amateur Astronomy Club
- Timeline: The project will run from November 1, 2018 through August 2019.
- Goal: Expand what the Library offers in support of the educational efforts of the teachers and students,
- Target audience: Home schooled and at Spofford Pond Elementary School students in grades three through six.
- The Library will offer STEM focused interactive activities, presentations, and additional resources
- Each month the Library will offer STEM Challenges.
- Each challenge will focus on a particular STEM concept and encourage children to engage one of our STEM teaching tools
- The STEM teaching tools include:
- High powered telescope
- Keva Planks
- Spheros Mini Coding Robots
- The Library will be arranging STEM focused presentations and programs throughout the project time frame
- The STEM focused presenters will include:
- Dr Bob Spillman, Boxford resident and science enthusiast
- Dr Joyce Rains, STEM Educator at Spofford Pond Elementary School
- North Shore Amateur Astronomy Club
- And many more…
- The Library’s collection will be enhanced with the addition of STEM focused materials
- The STEM focused materials include:
- Nonfiction books that cover the STEM concept areas
- Find-a-Way Playaway educational tablets with pre-loaded STEM learning games
- The STEM teaching tools mentioned above.