The Library will be offering a Curbside Pick-up Service.
- Safe: All items for checkout have been quarantined for at least three days according to CDC guidelines
- Contactless: Your items are in a closed bag on a cart outside the Library
- Convenient: No pick-up appointments needed. Come anytime Monday through Thursday (10 am to 6 pm) and Fridays (10am to 3 pm).
This is how it works:
First, submit a request to the Library for the materials you would like to borrow
- Online through the MVLC online catalog (https://mvlc.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/boxford)
- Speak to a staff person by calling 978-887-7323 (M-Th 10-6, Fri 10-3)
- Leave a voicemail message any time (Please include your full name, library card number along with your request)
- Send us an email (Boxfordtownlib@gmail.com) (Please include your full name, library card number along with your request)
Second, the Library Staff will gather the items you would like to borrow (books, CD’s, DVD’s, audiobooks)
Third, your items will be checked-out to your Library Account and you will be contacted.
- We will either call or email you depending on your Library Account preferences
- Please allow 30 minutes from the time of your email or phone call for the Library Staff to put your items on the Curbside Pick-up Cart
Finally, pick-up your items at the front door of Town Hall from the Curbside Pick-Up Cart.
- Items will be in a bag with a labeled with the borrower’ full name and checkout date.
- Each bag will include a copy of an itemized due date slip.
- Items can be picked-up Monday through Thursday (10 am-6 pm) and Fridays (10 am–3 pm)
Items not available for Curbside Pick-Up Service
- Items from other Cities and Towns
- Deliveries from other MVLC Libraries and statewide Inter library loans are still suspended. These will become available when statewide delivery resumes. The date when delivery resumes is still to be determined.
- Play-a-Way Launchpad tablets
- Wi-fi Hotspots
- All returns have to go into the outside book drop.
- All returns have to be quarantined for at least three days before they can be checked in.
- You may find the book drop full due to a greater return rate than we are used to. Please come back another day to return your items rather than leaving them outside the book drop.
- Until state-wide delivery resumes, please refrain from returning books from other Town Libraries. All late fees for Non-Boxford items are being waived at this time.